Texas Estate Planning Law Firm
For over three and a half years, Brad Wiewel hosted a radio show on estate planning called ‘Law Talk with Brad’.
For your convenience we have made available (in .mp3 format) past broadcastings of Law Talk so that you may listen at your pleasure.
- October 17, 2009 – Brad hosts a final show; Brad and his guest, Candice Bocock, an attorney at Texas Trust Law, look back at prior shows, and discuss probate issues in Texas and other states.
- October 10, 2009 – Brad and his guest, Doug Paul, an attorney at Texas Trust Law, discuss the Estate Tax, Non-citizen spouses, Estate Planning with a disabled spouse, and Asset Protection.
- October 3, 2009 – Brad and his guest, elder law attorney Steve Van Winkle, discuss Medicaid issues concerning home ownership, income limits, gifting, Ladybird Deeds, and Miller Trusts.
- September 26, 2009 – Travis County Mental Health Public Defender Stan Kerr joins Brad to discuss mental health.
- September 19, 2009 – Brad discusses Living Wills, Living Trusts, Federal Estate Taxes, ways to limit Estate Taxes including Bypass Trusts and Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, the Rule of 72.
- September 12, 2009 – Brad and Candice Bocock, attorney at Texas Trust Law, discuss changes in the law with No-Contest clauses; Online banking and password problems on death; and why everyone needs a Will.
- September 5, 2009 – Brad discusses Joe Kennedy and Ted Kennedy’s Estate Planning, including Dynasty Trusts; Capital Gains; Entities such as Limited Liability Companies.
- August 22, 2009 – Brad discusses Nevada documents such as Corporations and Limited Liability Companies; advantages of living trusts; asset protection in Texas; problems refinancing a homestead with co-owners.
- August 15, 2009 – Brad talks about Powers of Attorney, Ways to give real estate to children, and No-Contest clauses in Wills.
- August 8, 2009 – In a Stump the Lawyer show, Brad answers questions about Social security for divorced spouses, Child support, the Census, the Dispute Resolution Center, and builder asking for more money for upgrades.
- August 1, 2009 – Brad talks about the advantages of Trusts; Michael Jackson’s estate and the need for guardians for children; Asset protection
- July 25, 2009 – Brad talks with Melinda Marble of Hospice Austin about hospice care
- June 6, 2009 – Brad talks with Senator John Cornyn about the new Supreme Court nominee, health care and taxes; Brad talks about elderly driver liability, FDIC coverage, and Will no-contest clauses
- May 30, 2009 – Brad tells how to sell a home after someone dies; Talks about ways to leave money to children; Buy-sell agreements and Pet planning
- May 23, 2009 – Brad hosts a Stump the Lawyer show.
- May 2, 2009 – Brad discusses the tax issues of buying a house for daughter, software wills, life insurance to pay off real estate property tax; and the Arc of Texas Master Pooled Trust.
- April 25, 2009 – Brad and Steve Van Winkle, an attorney at Texas Trust Law, discuss Medicaid issues; Long-Term Care plans; and banks attempting to limit their liability.
- April 18, 2009 – Brad discusses the tax consequences of selling a home; Gift taxes; Probate homestead, Renting a home to parents, How to protect the family farm, Family Limited Partnerships, and Michael Crichton’s will.
- April 11, 2009 – On a Stump the Lawyer show, Brad answers questions about software wills, mental health issues, and Special Needs Trusts.
- March 28, 2009 – Brad answers questions concerning Trustees of Special Needs Trusts; The Arc of Texas Master Pooled Trust; The age of a child to choose which parent to live with on divorce; Peter Falk’s guardianship dispute; and How to minimize estate taxes.